[Discuss-gnuradio] out of memory, process killed

From: Jim Lindstrom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] out of memory, process killed
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:33:39 -0600

I'm using the USRP board and libusrp for some prototyping right now.  I'm running into some strange behavior where after my machine has been up for a while and I've used libusrp a fair ammount (after maybe a day or two of use), I start to get the process being killed and /var/log/messages reporting that the process ran out of memory.  I obviously assumed that the problem was in my code, but interestingly, the usrp's siggen python script has the same behavior.  Are there any known memleaks in past versions?  I'm using the 2.6 kernel and the previous gnuradio codebase.

Is it possible that my userspace app is causing this behavior somehow?  Any suggestions for debugging this problem?  I'd be happy to provide more details (logs of /var/log/messages, etc) when I get back to work on Monday, if that would be of use to anyone in helping me diagnose the problem.

jbl