[Discuss-gnuradio] headsup: gr-audio-portaudio on NetBSD

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] headsup: gr-audio-portaudio on NetBSD
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 03:35:42 +1030

G'day,

I've built and installed gr-audio-portaudio on NetBSD-i386-current and ran
mono_tone_portaudio and multi_tone_portaudio without problems.

I plan to create a pkgsrc package once portaudio implemented the pkg-config
code changes.

I've noted that I was unable to specifiy the audio device using -O  and -d
command options returning a device not found message for /dev/audio
and /dev/sound. gr-audio-portaudio insists of using /dev/dsp which is a
softlink to /dev/audio on my system.

barossa: (209) ./mono_tone_portaudio.py -O /dev/audio -d /dev/audio
Number of devices found = 1
--------------------------------------- device #0
[ Default Input, Default Output ]
Name                        = /dev/dsp
Host API                    = OSS
Max inputs = 2, Max outputs = 2
Default low input latency   =    0.012
Default low output latency  =    0.012
Default high input latency  =    0.046
Default high output latency =    0.046
Testing device name: /dev/dsp
audio_portaudio_sink[/dev/audio]: Failed to find specified device name:
Success
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mono_tone_portaudio.py", line 56, in ?
    my_graph().run()
  File "./mono_tone_portaudio.py", line 49, in __init__
    dst = audio_portaudio.sink (sample_rate, options.audio_output)
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_portaudio.py",
line 234, in sink
    return _audio_portaudio.sink(*args)
RuntimeError: std::runtime_error

cheerio Berndt