Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Run USRP at alternate clock frequency?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Run USRP at alternate clock frequency?
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:02:35 -0800

Clark Pope wrote:

> I finally got my 44MHz oscillator in. Tried to remove the existing
> oscillator but I got nowhere with my iron and copper braid. Can anyone
> suggest a cheap tool that will allow me to get this surface mount
> oscillator up?

Nope.  Its tough unless you have a Metcal talon.  I would suggest that
you just cut the traces from the 2 pins on the left side and the one on
the right.  This will disable the oscillator, but would be very hard to
undo.

If there were a warranty, this would definitely void it :)

The USRP Rev 4's which are shipping now are much easier to run off an
external oscillator, but that won't help you.

By the way, we also have very good and fast rational resamplers in the
source.  Are you sure that wouldn't help you?

Matt