Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cvs+svn updates / audio / config files

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cvs+svn updates / audio / config files
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:43:41 -0500

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 05:30:04PM -0800, Thomas Schmid wrote:
Hi Eric,

I tried the new scripts today. Updating of my old distribution with
cvs up didn't work. It had some problems with the parallel to serial

--snip --
Thomas

Thanks for the feedback.

The problem with parallel to serial is an out-of-date set of
dependencies for swig.  It's possible to work around that by

  $ cd gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig
  $ rm gnuradio_swig_python.d
  $ touch gnuradio_swig_python.d

But I think the fresh checkout is a better bet.

I agree with the latter. It really did take too much work on too many directories (primarily audio) to get the build to work and on my three remaining computers running gr, I did a delete and reinstall. That was less time and less work.

Bob