Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modifications to wfm_rcv_pll.py underway, modific

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modifications to wfm_rcv_pll.py underway, modifications to gr_pll_carriertracking.cc done
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:53:07 -0400

Robert W McGwier wrote:
Before, the code (incorrectly in my estimation) returned the complex conjugate of the recovered carrier. This has been "corrected" to be return the recovered carrier. If you need a conjugate from this, accomplish it in your code. Bugs in the locking, squelching mechanism in this routine were also submitted and are in the tar balls. \
bug FIXES were submitted.  We will know if there are still bugs later ;-)

In wfm_rcv_pll.py one can find commented out the two line beginning of the correct way to do the FM stereo carrier recovery.

I hope these changes did not inconvenience anyone. I had my head in the sand and did not realize we were making these tar balls for the next web distro. I will resume this work now that we have the tar balls.

Bob