Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new tarballs

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] new tarballs
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:43:30 -0700

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:12:06PM +0200, Luis Simoes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to use benchmark_gmsk_rx.py and i noticed that my system does not
> have
> all the usrp stuff receive_path.py uses. So I install the usrp-011 and the
> gr-usrp-0.7 package and uninstall the previous ones (usrp-0.8 and
> gr-usrp-0.5). After finishing (I am still running on gnuradio-cor 2.6) I
> tried to start benchmark again and this traceback error report came out:
>
> address@hidden:~/GnuRadio/Code/gnuradio-examples-0.5/python/gmsk2>
> ./benchmark_gmsk_rx.py
> Using RX d'board A: TV Rx
> len(rx_chan_coeffs) = 63
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/basic_flow_graph.py",
> line 230, in _check_port
>     if signature.max_streams () == -1: # infinite
> AttributeError: 'PySwigObject' object has no attribute 'max_streams'
>
> I have seen some messages posted here in this mailing list. In all cases it
> was a problem with swig. I reinstalled SWIG (I am using version 1.3.24) and
> then gnuradio-core 2.6. No result.
> I uninstalled core 2.6 and after reinstalling SWIG I have installed the new
> core 2.7 No result.
> I build everything from tarballs and not from cvs and until today everything
> worked fine.
>
> If someone have had this problem or similar in the past, please help!...
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Luis

You have a stale installation, or partial installation in more than
one place.  Remove them all from the installation directories, then
make install from the new tarballs.

There's a reason we release 10 tarballs at at a time:  They have
dependencies between them.  You really want all the new ones that are
relevant to your configuration.  They also have to be built in a
reasonable order.  Most people need at least gnuradio-core, usrp,
gr-usrp, gnuradio-examples, gr-wxgui and one of of the gr-audio-*
blocks.

Build them in this order.  Leave out those you're not using:

>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-core
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/usrp
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-alsa
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-jack
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-oss
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-audio-portaudio
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-usrp
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-wxgui
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-examples
>>> /home/eb/gr-build/gr-howto-write-a-block

Eric