Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hdtv hacking

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] hdtv hacking
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:49:07 -0400

> The most likely reason it doesn't pass, is that there is a 52
> segment delay between what you write into the interleaver, and what you
> get out of the deinterleaver.  To work around the behavior, drop the
> first 52 segments of the output and then compare the remainder with
> the input.

Well - writing expected_results and result_data out to files
and manually comparing show they do match, so interleaver/deinterleaver
work - cool! (putting skip AFTER  inter, deinter). I'll finish the
test code and move on to Trellis Encoder / Viterbi Decoder.

The latest benchmark I have for the 0.9 atsc is 10 minutes of data
takes about 14 hours to decode on an Athlon 3200+ (2200 MHz real),
and over HALF that time is spent resampling and up-mixing the data
to emulate an mc4020 to atsc_rx.