[Discuss-gnuradio] starting USRP basicRX pickup

From: Erik Tollerud
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] starting USRP basicRX pickup
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:39:45 -0700

I can't seem to find a consistent answer to this - I'm trying to test
my USRP now that I have the software working correctly, but I can't
seem to find much anything in the FM or AM bands (usrp_wfm_rcv and/or
usrp_fft) using the antenna that I bought with the USRP (the "144MHz,
430 MHz, 1200 MHz Tri-band 6-inch vertical antenna" one), or just
various lengths of wire I tried hooking in.  It does seem to lock in a
bit around 100.1 MHz (although I don't think that's a radio station in
the vicinity), but there's no audio coming out the demod.  So should I
expect to be getting anything without any RF front end?  Oh, and I'm
in Tacoma, WA, so there are a number of fairly strong radio stations
around...