Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc receiver error rate: 5.19e-05

From: mgray
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc receiver error rate: 5.19e-05
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:26:35 -0700 (MST)

As a side note, if you want to keep the program in HD you can burn the
MPEG program on a standard red-laser DVD and play them with this DVD
player:

http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/press_res.jsp?model_id=MDL101546&feature_id=08

You'll have to burn it as a DL disc, but 8 MB would fit.  You can also
encode it to WMV-HD or DiVX-HD to make the program much smaller.

This is all kind of stop-gap until we get HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray.  But it
is sweet to play HD content off a DVD.