[Discuss-gnuradio] Carrier sense on USRP

From: amit malani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Carrier sense on USRP
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:54:58 -0400

Hello..
i am wondering how carrier sense could be implemented on USRP....
can those PLLs on FPGA be brought to some use?

Can I do something on the lines of takeing running average
Will constantly keep a track of  the incoming samples of the received signals...
calcuate the running average and
Will decide some noise floor/threshold for decision...

I hve very less knowledge of digital signal processing...
will this idea work?

thanks,
amit