[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio-osx to test

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-audio-osx to test
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:17:58 -0400

I just finished updating much of the gr-audio-osx code:

* improved buffering for reduced latency .. but not yet using GR's gr_buffer as I haven't had time to figure out how to use it. I have a circular_buffer class which I wrote myself for the fast USB code (since it can't use other GR stuff) which works really nicely and is thread safe (a requirement for both OSX's audio and USB).

* fixed a couple bugs that wouldn't make any difference in performance or functionality (but, hey, now they're fixed!).

* tried to add "listener"s to determine when the default input / output device changes while running but these don't seem to do anything. For those who might understand CoreAudio, look in gr-audio- osx/src/audio-osx-source.cc for "LISTENER" to see the code sections (they're #if'd out right now).

Anyone who would like to beta-test this software, please send me a note & I'll forward you the tarball. Install is exactly like any other GR module (e.g. gnuradio-core), but I think gr-audio-osx requires GNU's libtool v1.5.20 or newer to work (does -not- seem to work with v1.5.10). - MLD