Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FR_RX_MUX in fpga_regs_standard.v

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FR_RX_MUX in fpga_regs_standard.v
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:32:03 -0700

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 06:14:17PM -0400, amit malani wrote:
> Hi!
>
> i cant figure out how exactly this register works.

Amit,

I strongly suggest you do the work to acquire a basic grip on how GNU
Radio and the USRP work in their normal configuration before you
attempt to hack the FPGA code.  Dawei Shen has put together a nice set
of tutorials that will get you started: http://www.nd.edu/~dshen/GNU

If I & Q processing is not clear to you, please see any of a number of
DSP and digital communications text books.  Several are listed at
http://comsec.com/wiki?SuggestedReading

With regard to data transfer across the USB, once you've opened the
USRP and enabled it, the data streams across the USB.  This is all
handled for you by the standard software.  No user visible interrupts
are involved.

If you want to develop an understanding for how to talk to the USRP
without using GNU Radio, start with usrp_standard.h and usrp_basic.h
in usrp/host/lib.  That's the high level C++ interface that GNU Radio uses.

Eric