Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio/usrp on MacOSX Darwin 8.5

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio/usrp on MacOSX Darwin 8.5
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:47:16 -0400

I just tried to compile the latest portaudio (v19-devel) under Darwin 8.6 (OSX 10.4.6), and I couldn't get it to link correctly (there were also some serious looking warnings in the compile at which I would look carefully if I were programming that code). The link complains that:

"ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the - multi_module option
pa_unix/pa_unix_util.o definition of common _paUnixMainThread (size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed"

when trying to create the DYLIB ("paUnixMainThread" is a global variable). It's trying to use Apple's libtool, which might make a difference. But I can't quickly see a way to change that (e.g. "make LIBTOOL=xxx"). Maybe it's just the currently checked in version which is failing; so I'll wait a few days and try it again.

Anyone else have this issue? If not - using the current SVN archive (says revision 992; as of 25-Apr-2006 @ 6:45 PM EDT) - then maybe my shell environment is messed up ... but I've been very careful about that to make sure GNURadio and all its dependencies compile and install correctly. - MLD