Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Radio Mundial

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Radio Mundial
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:53:01 -0700

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 06:12:58AM -0500, Brett L Trotter wrote:
> I've been tearing apart and fixing up the DReaM sources in order to
> reduce it to its core. I've made patches to allow use of FFTW3 instead
> of FFTW2 and to fix the problems compiling without the QT GUI interface.

That's great!  Thanks for splitting it up.

> So I'm at the point where I know how to instantiate a DRM Receiver
> object and am close to understanding both how to pass in I/Q values and
> how to dump out audio data to a sound card.
>
> What do I need to know in terms of taking that C++ code and making a
> Python GNURadio/USRP module that can use the DRM library?

If you can get the interface boiled down to a function call or class
method or some such, that accepts a block of I/Q values and produces a
block of audio samples, it's no problem.

Let me know when you get there and I'll assist with getting it glued
into a GNU Radio block.

Eric