[Discuss-gnuradio] Labview

From: paul munro
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Labview
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 23:30:10 +0000

Hi all.
I am looking at the possibility of integrating Labview into GNURadio to demodulate FM. Has anyone out there looked into this?? What I am hoping is that labview will be able to read the complex stream from the USRP via the USB port.
What I need to know is
1) Once the IF frequency etc is uploaded, does the USRP try to send a continuous stream if data regardless of whether the the python program is running on the PC?? Or is there 2 way communication that deals with buffer over/under run etc?? (I may have to unplug the usb and replug into a windows machine until i get a linux version of labview ) 2) Is there any easy way of accessing the data stream, and what format does it have. I have read that it sends 16 bit I then 16 bit Q, but is there a frame setup to indicate the start/end of each I and Q word?? From what I understand, the data is sent using bulk. I am yet to look up the USB2.0 specification to see the format of bulk packets. Essentially I'm hoping I can design a driver to read the data coming over USB, recover the I & Q and finally demodulate the signal.

I am not even sure if this is possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Paul

Shop ‘til you drop at XtraMSN Shopping http://shopping.xtramsn.co.nz/home/