[Discuss-gnuradio] USb issues; USRP buffers

From: Ges
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USb issues; USRP buffers
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
From: Eric Blossom <address@hidden>
To: Ges <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2006 6:26:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USb issues

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:31:33AM -0700, Ges wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Does anyone know why I get this error out of the blue when using the USRP ??
>

>  write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
>  usrp: failed to load firmware /usr0/local/gr/share/usrp/rev2/usrp_firmware.ihx.

Did you change anything on the machine you were using, such as the
kernel?  If so, what version of the kernel are you using?
I believe there was a regression in the USB stack in 2.6.15.

Eric
Well no I did not change anything. Anyway, it worked this morning. I think it might have something to do with the module. But I am also using a USB keyboard and mouse. So I am not sure of the reason.

I have another question.
Lets say I am trying to do time based transmission. For example, I want to send out a frame every 2 secs. For a framer I write, how would I know that all the bits related to that frame has actually been sent out from the usrp buffers..., I need to ensure the whole frame has gone before I stop transmission. I do not know how I can keep track of the contents of the buffers.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks
Gesly