[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with wxpython

From: seph 004
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with wxpython
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 05:03:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Still bungling through setting up gnuradio, I've run into another problem. One of the online tuts mentioned that to test if gr-wxgui was working, you could try running the slider.py demo. Unfortunately, this doesn't work, and it stops with the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "slider.py", line 3, in ?
    import wx
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/__init__.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx._core import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/_core.py", line 4, in ?
    import _core_
ImportError: libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The missing object file is located in /usr/local/lib, so how come python can't see it? Where is it looking in the first place? Incidently, "import gr" in the python command line doesn't work either, despite me setting up the pythonpath correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lance