[Discuss-gnuradio] Basic RX/TX

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic RX/TX
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 12:16:56 -0700

Hi,

I have a question about the basic RX/TX boards. What should I see if I
hook the basic TX board to an oscilloscope if I send out a QPSK
signal? Here is what I do:
- I generate a QPSK signal in GnuRadio
- I send the signal to a complex file source and the signal looks right
- I send the signal to the complex USRP source and have a BasicTX on
it. The outputs TXA and TXB are hooked up to a oscilloscope on channel
1 and 2 respectively.

Now, what should I see on the oscilloscope? Is it the baseband signal?
How does the I and Q phases get mixed together? Does that depend on
the mux values? Unfortunately I couldn't find a good block diagram of
the TX path on the wiki, i.e., the link to [A system block diagram of
the USRP receiver and transmitter path] on the wiki page
"http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral"; is dead.

Cheers,

Thomas