[Discuss-gnuradio] about tune the daughterboard

From: hanwen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] about tune the daughterboard
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:11:15 +0800

Hi, all:)
I've read through the code of GMSK2 and I found the difference of tune in transmit_path and receive_path.
In the transmit_path:
    self.u.tune(self.subdev._which, self.subdev, target_freq)
In the receive_path:
    self.u.tune(0, self.subdev, target_freq)

The self.subdev._which indicate the channel of TX/RX, 0 for A, 1 for B. (Am I right?)

So I am confused about why the first parameter of tune depends on channel selection in transmit_path while it's set to 0 in receive_path?

I am using 2 USRP with a FLEX2400 on B channel of both, so subdev._which is actually 1. I change the 0 in recieve_path to subdev._which, and I cannot recieve the signal anymore. So 0 must be set when using usrp as source.

BUT, why? Can you explain in detail about the first parameter of tune() to me?

Thanks!