Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] example in c++ only

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] example in c++ only
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:34:57 +0200

>From the "README.hacking" :

* C++ and Python

GNU Radio is now a hybrid system.  Some parts of the system are built
in C++ and some of it in Python.  In general, prefer Python to C++.
Signal processing primitives are still built in C++ for performance.

It is no longer possible to build user applications entirely in C++.
Essential parts of the runtime system have been moved into Python.

---

I'm too a beginner, I started with gr-how-to-build-a-block from CVS.
It's a great tutorial. The python interfacing is done by SWIG, it
works "out of CVS". I was able to start writing C++ code right away.

Jens