Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] README buglet

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] README buglet
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:16:57 -0700

Greg Troxel wrote:
It seems that GNU make is required; compiling with BSD make gives "no
input files", a classic sign of a GNU make extension being used to set
a list of files.

This is not noted in README.  It could be in step 2 of how to build,
or probably in the list of prerequisites in step 1 that lists
autoconf/automake/libtool.  Probably just add GNU make and note that
on systems where it isn't native it is usually gmake (true of all BSDs
that I know of, and maybe Solaris).
We'll note it in the README.  Would you like to update the Wiki?
I'm building on NetBSD/i386 3.99.23 and will let you know of any other
issues.

The next one is that the build (after doing a lot normally) ends up
with the following, which I haven't looked into.

I have python 2.4.3 and swig 1.3.29.
Those are all warnings, correct? The compile completes? What version of gcc are you using?

-Johnathan