[Discuss-gnuradio] bsd make issues perhaps resolved

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] bsd make issues perhaps resolved
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:23:03 -0400

I think I've figured out both classes of problems.   One is
gratuitious use of $< in fixed rules where it doesn't help anything,
and the other is harder.

usrp/firmware/lib/Makefile.am has this, which can build .rel from
either .c or .a51

%.rel : %.c
        $(XCC) $(INCLUDES) $(DEFINES) -c $< -o $@

%.rel : %.a51
        $(XAS) $<

I put a diff into trac to use old-fashioned suffix rules, which seem
powerful enough to express how to build a .rel from a .c.

http://gnuradio.utah.edu/trac/ticket/35
--
    Greg Troxel <address@hidden>