RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble with gr_costas_loop_cc

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble with gr_costas_loop_cc
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:52:17 -0400

That's probably mostly due to a versioning problem. The reference phase
argument is no longer used. What the Costas loop is expecting, instead, is
(alpha, beta, max_freq, min_freq, order). The order is the order of the
Costas loop. Use 2 for BPSK and 4 for QPSK. This determines how the slicer
behaves on the incoming data (whether to lock to 2 phase reference points or
4).

Look at the examples in gnuradio-examples/python/gmsk2, specifically the
benchmark_mpsk_tx.py, or more specifically, bpsk.py.

Speaking of which, the [d]<m>psk.py files are pretty stable as they are now
(though they need a bit more work) and can probably be placed in the core
code with gmsk.py.

Tom