Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a USRP board

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Theory - GSM traffic detection with a USRP board
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:07:04 -0400

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 14:06 +0200, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> I decided to engage in a project whose target is to detect the
> existing cell-phone traffic in a specific surrounding and represent it
> in some visually or acoustically interesting way. This is a personal

Carlo got me interested in making an acoustical version of a wide
spectrum, results attached. It takes an fft of up to +/- 3.2Mhz at
rf then an ifft of that at af to get -16 to +16Khz, seems to work.
Decimation of 10, 20, 30, etc work, and it helps to keep the noise
floor below -20 db. Typical usage

usrp_fft_audio2.py -d 30 -g 80 -f 855e6 -R B

for a tvrx in the left side.

Offtopically, is PBS radio going with Ibiquity? Just noticed
my local station (88.5) sporting these digital looking sidebands :

http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/public_radio_hd.jpg

--Chuck