[Discuss-gnuradio] Simple question about AM Transmission with GNUradio/U

From: Alex Gross
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple question about AM Transmission with GNUradio/USRP
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:41:50 -0400

Suppose I have a dial tone (350, 440 Hz) and I want to broadcast it on an AM radio station whose center frequency is X using the USRP basic TX daughter card.

Is there a code snippet I can look at which would describe this?

How do I select the appropriate sampling rate, if_decim, if_rate, etc.? E.g. if I choose a sampling_rate of 16 kHz to generate the sine waves, what do I need to set my usrp_tx_interp rate to in order to achieve a corresponding output? Do I need to further interpolate or decimate this signal before passing it to the USRP? Also, should I be using complex_to_float() or something else?

Now, suppose I want to broadcast to N AM radio stations whose center frequencies are X + [x1, x2, x3 ... xn]. What changes? Do I use the freq_xlating_filter with the offset equal to [x1...xn]? If so, what parameters do I provide?

I've looked through the NBFM files, but they're more complicated than what I want at this point.

Thanks,

--Alex