[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP

From: Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:16:35 -0600

I believe I am at the point were I should be able to talk to the USRP, but can’t.

We presently have the USRP with two BasicTX and BasicRX boards installed.

We are running Fedora Core 5

We have installed GNU Radio per the instructions in the README as closely as possible.

If I run the dial_tone.py example, I get the tones out of the headphones.

If I run the usrp_siggen.py it requires an RF center frequency. I have no idea how this should be entered (i.e., it is in Hertz, MHz, ???)

I tried

# ./usrp_siggen.py –f 10

What I got was nine copies of a “connection timed out” message and a complaint about it not being able to load the FPGA bitstream.

The bitstream it was trying to load was:

/usr/local/share/usrp/rev4/std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf

I know that there is at least some communication going on with the board, because when I power it up I get the green LED blinking at a little over 3Hz. When I run the siggen program, the blinking stops (it usually goes away, but once stayed on continuously). I have to cycle power to get the blinking light back.

I get the exact same behavior when I try to run the test_usrp_standard_tx in the */host/apps directory.

Any help would be appreciated.