Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bootable Knoppix CD for GNURadio...

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bootable Knoppix CD for GNURadio...
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:25:01 -0700

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:45:07PM -0700, John Clark wrote:
> Some time ago, there was some mention of someone who had collected a
> GNURadio setup, and put it on a bootable CD. Perhaps it was just someone
> thinking about it...
>
> Anyway, if there is such a thing, I would appriciate a pointer to such.
> I have
> a current need to make a more 'embedded' version of a project which is
> using GNURadio, and if someone has a CD boot version, that would be
> helpful to me either in the form of booting it directly, or at least
> what is the core irriducible matrix of required libraries to run an
> existing GNURadio project.
>
> Thanks
> John Clark

Hi John,

The irreducible matrix of required libraries depends on what you want
to do.

Assuming that you just want to _run_ stuff that depends on gnuradio-core
you need:

  Python
  libfftw3f     // single precision FFTW library

Adding the usrp and gr-usrp adds libusb:

  libusb        // user space access to USB devices

Note that there are some things that are required to _build_ the
packages, but are not required to run them.  This includes things like
the SDCC 8051 C compiler used to build the firmware for the FX2 on the
USRP.

Of course if you want to talk to a sound card, then you need to
include at least one GNU Radio module that knows how to do that.

The list of packages you need to _build_ GNU Radio is in the
top-level README, http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/README

I hope this helped answer your question.  If not please ask again.

Eric