Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile source code on Fedora Core 5

From: Murray Lang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile source code on Fedora Core 5
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:51:50 +0800

I ran "su root" in the terminal window to give me admin priviledges for the build. By the way the statement that Fedora Core 5 is known to be shipped with all the dependencies doesn't tally with my experience. FTTW is missing as is wxPython. If you want Doxygen documentation you'll need to download the *source* for doxygen and build it because the binaries have a dependency on an older version of the standard C++ library than is shipped with FC5. I think there were other things missing as well but I've lost track because I've downloaded a lot of extra stuff to build as much as I can of gnuradio.

I've had no problems except for version mismatches with portaudio and jack, which I've let go for now.

Now all I need to do is understand it!

Cheers
Murray
VK6HL