Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Announcing GNU Radio Release 3.0 RC 1

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Announcing GNU Radio Release 3.0 RC 1
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:16:01 -0700

Patrick Strasser wrote:

> Would it be possible to compile something like a NEWS file with all new
> features, enhancements and fixes from the last version (2.8)? This could
> be done via the list.

Eric and I discussed this.  You're right--it's a very good thing to do,
albeit one of the less glamorous parts of doing software.  It would have
been best if we accumulated these things into a NEWS file as they were
done, but we did not.  Volunteers welcome :-)

The intrepid can always read the log history for a particular component
via the Trac interface.  That doesn't help people just "stopping by", as
you say, but at least it's there.

> Morover there are a couple of tutorials out there that would be fine to
> be compiled in a list in the Wiki (that could be linked to from the
> release docs). I suggest people just throw in their links on the list.

Or just as easily on a Wiki page.  Username 'guest', password 'gnuradio'.

-Johnathan