Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] J. Cooley's 3-D waterfall display

From: Jamie Cooley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] J. Cooley's 3-D waterfall display
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:18:06 -0400

Greetings, all.

OK, I have fixed it, so it runs now with latest code from svn. The fft block changed since I wrote that code, a long time back. It now expects a window as a third arg. See the gr_wxgui fft code for a model on how to structure the flow graph.

Hey, been away for a while... Kudos to all for the many many new things I see in there! Very cool.

-j

Written wrote:
Would someone please look at this?  Furthermore, I imagine that many Gnu
Radio users would like to be able to perform 3-dimensional FFT displays.

-Written

Written wrote:
All,

Mr. Cooley wrote this code sometime early last year, and unfortunately
something in the gnuradio or wxgui code has changed, and this code is no
longer operable.

The error I got in trying to run it with gnuradio 2.8 is:

gnuradio_swig_python.py expects a std::vector<float,std::allocator<float>>

I had an email exchange with Mr. Cooley, and he would like to fix his
code, so any effort would be appreciated in that.  And, as he said in our
exchange,

"Now that I think about it, the waterfall Python OpenGL code that I did
was based largely upon the similar wxgui-based fft. So, following the
format of the wxgui versions may help lead you to the right functional
calls, and get the right calls on the GnuRadio side."

http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~jcooley/gr_experiments/experiments/fft_3d_time/gr_3d_fft_time.htm
J. Cooley's site