[Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestion for improvement on USRP

From: hanwen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestion for improvement on USRP
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:30:28 +0800

Hi, all,

Having enjoyed GNU Radio for several months, I've got two ideas to make improvement on USRP.
As I know, making daughterboard synchronized to the mother boards and the synchronization of several motherboard will need a little modification to the boards. That is to change the locations of some resistors and capacitors.
In the further revison of USRP, I think it's better to place some jumpers on boards for setting clock ralations between the boards. That'll be much more convenient.

Another suggestion is that USB 2.0 is not fast enough for some application. Maybe in the future, It can be replaced by faster interface such as Gigabits Ethernet, 1394 or even PCI iterface.