[Discuss-gnuradio] Coherent 100-600 Mhz reception

From: Kim Toms
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coherent 100-600 Mhz reception
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:03:15 -0500

I want to do a direction finding application in the 462 Mhz spectrum (FRS, GMRS), and need a coherent set of receivers to process the signals.  Preferably from 3 or four antennas.  The bandwidth is only 200 Khz for the whole band.

My questions are:  Can I use 4 receivers with a USRP?

What receiver solution can I use that will maintain the phase relationship between the antennas?  Is anyone working on such a thing.  I unfortunately, am a software guy who knows little about RF design.  I gather the current TVRX won't work because of the individual local oscillators.