[Discuss-gnuradio] tx_buffer module

From: seph 004
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] tx_buffer module
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:52:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I was doing some tinkering with the Verilog code, especially in the tx_buffer module. I'm experimenting with trying to replace the FIFO in the tx_buffer module with a quartus generated altsyncram module. I want to see if I can trap the incoming signal and control when it's released. I tried the following:

signal_ram signal_ram
     ( .data ( usbdata ),
       .wren ( WR & ~write_count[8] ),
       .wrclock ( usbclk ),
       .wraddress ( wrptr ),

       .q ( ramdata ),
       .rden ( rdreq ),
       .rdclock ( txclk ),
       .rdaddress ( rdptr ),

       .wr_aclr ( reset ),  // asynch, so we can use either
       .rd_aclr ( reset ),
      );

When I experiment with transmitting a signal from the pc, then the program hangs without transferring any bytes. I suspected that perhaps the write enable (wren) for my ram block wasn't functioning as I thought. Have I used it properly here to enable writing to ram, or is there something I've missed?

Regards

Lance