Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg: GNU RADIO BUILD PROBLEM

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg: GNU RADIO BUILD PROBLEM
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:11:49 -0800

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 18:53 +0530, address@hidden wrote:

> /usr/share/automake-1.10/am/depend2.am:

GNU Radio requires automake 1.7.4 or later, as documented in the README
in the root directory of the source tree. Cygwin's website currently
lists automake 1.9.6 as the most recent available through their mirror
system.

> gr-trellis/doc/Makefile.am:45: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make
> extension
> gr-trellis/doc/Makefile.am:48: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make
> extension

While we don't currently document this (we should...I'll fix it), GNU
Radio requires either GNU make or BSD make.  Cygwin currently lists GNU
make 3.81 as available through their mirror system.  It's quite likely
you have a PATH set up that is causing some other 'make' executable to
be run on your system instead of Cygwin's 'make'.

> I have tried this with both the release 3.0 and the 3.0rc3 but get the
> same message. Before I updated my cygwin package, I used the same
> source and was able to build the GNUradio code fully without errors
> (But the programs didnt work though!!).

Given the above two issues, it appears as though your Cygwin installation needs
some correcting.

-Johnathan

--
Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO