Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Call for testing release 3.0.1

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Call for testing release 3.0.1
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 16:06:58 -0500

What we'd like is for people to test this in all the usual ways before
we cut tarballs.  You can point your svn client at:

http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.0

I have checked out and built this revision on Windows using both Cygwin and MinGW. The Cygwin version had no problems, and the MinGW version had only a few minor, easily fixed problems (see trac tickets). A quick test of a heavily modified version of the hf_radio application appears to run noticeably faster with the MinGW version.

The builds included everything in the release except gr-audio-{alsa,jack,osx} and gr-video-sdl (and gr-audio-oss on MinGW). The usrp and gr-usrp components built and ran on both systems, and gr-audio-portaudio also runs on both systems, provided that omni_semaphore is patched for MinGW.

-- Don Ward