Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Easiest way to perform vector cross correlation o

From: Ryan Seal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Easiest way to perform vector cross correlation on USRP?
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:51:36 -0400

You don't use fast convolution when using an FPGA. Do this in the time domain. That's the purpose of using hardware over software. Expand your algorithm for complex cross correlation and you will end up with a string of simple algebraic terms. You will have to look at your losses using fixed point vs. floating point.

--Ryan

Lin Ji wrote:

Hi,
I wonder what if the easiest way to perform real-time cross correlation in the FPGA on USRP? I've worked weeks on writing a close form algebra doing cross correlation,but since all my algorithms are based on floating points and multiplication/division, I'm afraid it's hard to convert that to Verilog code later.
  All I need to do is for 2 sequence A and B, perform this:
 max(ifft(fft(A).*conj(fft(B))));
It's really easy to do in MATLAB and relativly simple in C++, but in Verilog? I have no idea... Please people, if any one has done this before or anything related, share some information with me, I would really preciate that!
/Lin Ji