[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and ADS-B

From: Andrew Rich
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and ADS-B
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 01:15:50 +1000

I bought a bitscope device which did 40MS/s and had a 32 kb buffer.

Was disappointed and sold it.

What I really need is a FPGA and fast A/D solution.

What I am trying to do is

1) Capture up to 200us of window data
2) Capture at a rate of 40MS/s or better
3) Being able to interface this to LINUX and use PERL to process data.
4) My voltage levels are up to 1 volt.
5) I am sampling the video signals from a RADAR receiver.
6) Trigger on a voltage change ?

I have shown some captures here:-

http://tech-software.net/viewtopic.php?t=16

Do you think that the USRP fits the bill ?

I have looked at FPGA development boards and A/D eval kits.

I have also had some limited response from the HPSDR group.

What software tools are around for the USRP ?

Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email:
address@hidden