Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Testing flex2400

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Testing flex2400
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:01:10 -0500

  I'm trying to test the flex2400 the same way - I stuck a wire from the
  TX/RX socket to the RX2 socket, ran usrp_oscope, and ran the standard
  tx script. Nothing. I've tried different frequencies, playing with the
  gain, and all kinds of other things, but I don't see any change in the
  signal.

Don't do this - you may have fried your receiver.  The RFX2400 puts
out 10 mW, or +10 dBm, and IIRC the maximum safe input on the receiver
is 0 dBm (this is pretty normal for receivers that aren't $20K test
equipment, and for those the max is hardly ever more than +30 dBm).

If you have a single RFX2400, then using the secondary receive socket
is more complicated - I think you have to tell the oscope to listen on
input B.  We've used these boards at BBN, but I'm not sure we tried
the secondary inputs.  There should be enough stray RF from 802.11 for
oscope to show ambient - try 2437 MHz.

Your question about a standard test is a good one, though - it would
be nice if people with procedures put them on the wiki.

--

    Greg Troxel <address@hidden>