Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems installing wxPython

From: Jordan Hayes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems installing wxPython
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 08:14:37 -0800

Eric writes:

In general, there is _no_ reason to build wxpython from source.

I've been unable to get (the latest versions, from scratch -- the only reason I'm bringing up this machine is for gnuradio, so I don't care which politics are involved) Gentoo, Ubuntu, or Debian to put all the pieces together to get gnuradio fully up and running, and it often comes down to wxPython. I've posted here before about it, and presently I've run out of time to monkey with it, so I'm just using the radio without the UIs (works great, btw; thanks).

I guess I'll try SuSe next (since compiling from source doesn't seem to work either), but there's something whacked about wxPython and/or wxGTK.

/jordan