[Discuss-gnuradio] Reg : GNU RADIO HARDWARE QUERY

From: shriram.vasudevan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg : GNU RADIO HARDWARE QUERY
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:03:48 +0530

Dear All,

       I have built the GNU radio system and I'm working around with the examples. I am having a idea of implementing a system where one radio station will be streamed to the soundcard while the other stations are being recorded in the background. >From what I understand from Dawei Shen's tutorial, the USRP in it's current configuration will perform the downconversion and provide me with the baseband signal of a single FM station only, to which the USRP is tuned. Is there any possibility to receive more than one station using the USRP simultaneously??

     If not, are there any low cost alternative to receive more than one station at a time?? I'm thinking of using a High speed ADC (Like AD9874 evaluation board) but i'm not clear about the RF Frontend. What sort of receiver do I need if I am to receive more than one station??

Thanks

Shriram K V