[Discuss-gnuradio] selecting modulation dynamically

From: Shravan Rayanchu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] selecting modulation dynamically
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:34:25 -0600

Hi all,

Is it possible to change the modulation scheme dynamically ? .. my
understanding is that once the flow graph is built, it cannot be
changed for the particular run of the program (correct me if I am
wrong) .. so for example in transmit_path.py, once we select a
modulation scheme, we are tied to it (although, it seems center
frequency etc can be changed dynamically by calling usrp.tune ..)

So one way to change modulation scheme might be to have two parallel
blocks in the flow graph (say one gmsk block and one dbpsk block) and
select each one of them based on some parameter. Is this possible? I
am not sure how to synchronize and decode correspondingly on the RX
side though ...

Thanks much for the help,

--Shravan