[Discuss-gnuradio] RDS blocks

From: Matteo Campanella
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RDS blocks
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:54:06 +0100 (CET)

Hello, I've started playing around with the RDS blocks and examples, but I
found that the blocks do not compile as taken from the tgz that was posted
on the list some time ago. In order to make them compile, I had to move
them in the how-to-write-a-block environment.

This done, I have been able to successfully see RDS information, even
though I am not completely aware of the meaning of what is shown on
standard output.

In the distribution there are also some blocks, like a frequency divider
and a byphase demod; now my question is : is there any particular reason
for having dedicated blocks or is it possible to think to use standard
gnuradio blocks in order to frequency divide and psk demodulate?

Also, is there anyone aware of any reference with detailed information on
the error correction bits at the end of the blocks and how to use them? I
haven't been able to find the standard anywhere, and I have the strong
suspect it's not going to be available for free. Some detail is available
here and there, but I could not find any detail about error correction
bits.

regards
Matteo iz2eeq