Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] x86_64 gr_feval problem

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] x86_64 gr_feval problem
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:22:42 -0800

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:53:21AM -0500, David P. Reed wrote:
> Eric - here is the simplest test I can give, it fails by printing "Fired
> = false" and nothing else.

> from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest
>
> class my_feval(gr.feval):
>     def __init__(self):
>         gr.feval.__init__(self)
>         self.fired = False
>     def eval(self):
>         print "firing"
>         self.fired = True
>
> if __name__ == '__main__':
>     f = my_feval()
>     gr.feval_example(f)
>     print "fired = "+`f.fired`

Weird.  On my Opteron it says "fired = True"

What version of Python are you using?
I haven't done any testing with 2.5 yet.

This particular test code exercises SWIG "directors" but also
exercises a bit of a kludge the acquires and releases the Python
"Global Interpreter Lock".  That the lock part must be working OK,
otherwise you'd see SIGSEGV.

Perhaps there is some kind of stale install problem?
Can you try removing all of the gnuradio related stuff under
/usr/local/lib{,64}/python<ver>/site-packages as well as the
/usr/local/lib64/libgnuradio*, then make again?

Eric