Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any Octave/Matlab folks on the list?

From: L. Miguel Bazdresch Sierra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any Octave/Matlab folks on the list?
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:39:29 -0600

Marcus Leech, el 11/29/06 22:12:
I have some X,Y,Z data that I want to turn into a gray or colour mapped contour plot.

The data aren't necessarily gridded, so I need interpolation.

I'm  a newbie to Octave/Matlab, and could use a hint.

I've played with contourf(), which I can make work for functions, but I need to load external data that is
 organized as columns of X,Y,Z in ascii.

For cases like this, I prefer to plot straight in gnuplot instead of going through octave. There are some examples here:

http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_4.1/contours.html

I have some gnuplot files for plotting 3D functions around, let me know if you'd like to take a look.

--
Miguel Bazdresch Sierra