Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS active antenna biasing

From: Gregory W Heckler
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS active antenna biasing
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:47:00 -0500

You can do this externally by putting in a bias-tee in the RF line prior to input to the USRP. I've personally used the following from MiniCircuits:

http://minicircuits.com/pdfs/ZFBT-4R2G-FT.pdf

Or if you want to take a more risky route, on the DBSRX daughterboard there is header to input a DC voltage. I'm trying to do the same thing (GPS with the DBSRX & USRP), and am not going to risk frying something at this point. Hope this helps.

Davide Anastasia wrote:
HI List,
I get a USRP + DSBRX. Now I need to buy an active antenna for GPS, but I
don't know how to bias it. Can anyone helps me?

Greetings,