Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Playstation 3

From: Eric A. Cottrell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Playstation 3
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:04:36 -0500

Frank Brickle wrote:
> Robert McGwier wrote:
>> They are $599 at my local Target. So much for bargains at Costco.
>
>> Eric A. Cottrell wrote:
>>> I was at my local Costco tonight and noticed they have the 60GB PS3 for
>>> $699.  I almost bought one but decided to check a Costco in NH first.
>
> $699 gets you one from Terrasoft with Yellow Dog Linux installed.
> Mine shipped this afternoon.
>
> Frank

Hello,

Looks like Terrasoft was very conservative when they mentioned a time
frame of March or April.

The Costco one is a bundle with an extra wireless controller.  Likely a
good deal if you use it for games.  I will check out Target and Walmart.
 I looked at the Walmart website and it appeared you could only buy
packages that drove the price up to $900 or more.

Is the 20 GB version missing something important for linux/GNURadio use?

Is it possible to put a bigger hard drive in? 20 and 60 GB hard drives
are so last century. :)

73 Eric