Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help needed regarding correct hardware choice

From: Dan Halperin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help needed regarding correct hardware choice
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:11:33 -0800

Parth Pathak wrote:
> I am thinking of doing something with USRP and GNUradio especially
> in 802.11 domain or something in Bluetooth. If you people can please help me
> in
> buying the hardware first.

Make sure to re-read carefully Tom Rondeau's email of  5 December 2006
about the feasibility of this project.

I like the antennas you get from Hyperlink technologies:
http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/24ghz_802.11_rubber_duck_antenna_7dbi_sm.php,
but their minimum order size is $100; Matt sells rubber-duck antennas on
the sales page as well, I believe. The patch antenna involves some
soldering, so make sure you know what you're doing if you buy that one.

-Dan