[Discuss-gnuradio] smart antenna idea

From: Candy Yiu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] smart antenna idea
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:57:33 -0800

Hi everyone,

I have some question on the possibility of making a smart antenna using USRP
board.
Before I really go into the sea (I don't want to drain), I want like to get some
help see if it is even possible.
It operates at 2.4GHz. We already have the 2.4GHz daughterboards.
But I was wondering if we want to do 4 elements (4tx and 4rx at the same time). Can we use two USRP board and somehow combine the signal somewhere (may be using another FPGA or laptop) to beamform?

any idea would help. Thanks,
Candy Yiu