Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Wikis

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Wikis
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:09:07 -0800

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 03:21:52PM +0100, Martin Dvh wrote:
> Eric Blossom wrote:

> >>There are a number of pages gone now, like the docs on multiple synced
> >>USRP's,
> >>syncing clocks, and such.  I did find some bookmarks I had, though, that
> >>still work as of this morning:
> >>http://comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral
> >>http://comsec.com/wiki?DaughterboardReleaseNotes
> >>and others reachable from those pages.
> >

> >>I've made local copies of those pages (among others) in case the
> >>comsec wiki goes away.
> >
> > I have complete copies of the comsec wiki pages (the ascii usemod
> > source format), and some code that does a partial conversion from the
> > usemod format into the trac format.  It still needs some work, and I'm
> > not likely to get back to it any time soon.
> >
> > If someone would like to complete the conversion, I'd be delighted to
> > upload the converted files into the new wiki.
> >
> > The code that does part of the conversion is here:
> >
> >   $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/trac/usemod2trac
> >
> > (convert_usemod_to_trac.py is the file that needs work)

> To get more of the old wiki pages available I extended the
> convert_usemod_to_trac.py a bit.
> It should now handle lists (****) and : better.
> (my new version is attached)

Thanks!

> I also put a few more pages in the new trac wiki, converted with this script.
> (e.g. USRPClockingNotes and MultiUsrp)
>

> The old wiki used to have categories which were handy for finding what you
> need.
> The new Wiki only has a quite bare homepage.
> You must know you have to click at TitleIndex to see all documents.
> And then you only get a flat list.

Yes.

You can also search in the box at the top.
To find all references to CategoryFoo, enter !CategoryFoo
The explantion point keeps it from returning only the CategoryFoo page.

> I think it would be a good idea to give the TitleIndex a more prominent place
> in the WIKI homepage.
> (somewhere at the top)
> It would also be nice to have some Category System.
> (CategoryInstall, CategorySignals, CategoryExamples, CategoryLinks)
> Can this be done easy?

Feel free to make the changes ;)

It's probably possible to make a new python plugin that does what
CategoryFoo used to do.  E.g., find all pages that contain
CategoryFoo.  There's a chance this is already implemented in one of the
[[magic]] links.  If not, it shouldn't be hard to implement, since we
know the search primitive is already in there.

Eric