Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated packet format on USRP inband signaling

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated packet format on USRP inband signaling
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:49:02 -0500

  I'm thinking layer 2 with a unique Ethernet packet type (probably use
  some abandoned packet type).  That said, there's nothing stopping us
  from doing UDP, except the additional bandwidth.  I don't see any need
  to do TCP.

I think that it should be possible for an unprivileged user (on most
Free systems) to interact with a USRP over GigE.  Actually this raises
the issue of authorization and confidentiality/integrity of the data,
probably taken care of by a dedicated ethernet port.

USB is said to be reliable.   Presumably you mean to have that same
property via pause frames.

--
    Greg Troxel <address@hidden>